Mental Snapp is hiring!
Product lead – 3 month contract with possibility of extension.
Mental Snapp is a way to manage mental health using private media diaries. User led and run, we are a start up with big ambitions – to help people to make space for their mental health, to be empowered to create change in their mental health and to raise their confidence to do so. We want to make real change in mental health by handing the authority to tell stories back to real people, not just the medical record. We believe in the power of stories, journaling and self documentation to change lives, reduce self stigma, and raise life expectations. We are already making waves. On our journey we have won The Stelios Award, featured on the BBC, been mentioned in the Houses of Parliament. We have an MVP with active users, a positive independent evaluation of our effectiveness by London Southbank University and a great vision for our future development. Now it’s time to take the next step.
We are looking for a product lead who will drive through the vision for the next version of the app and immediately focus on customer retention and sales. We’re looking for an all rounder with technical skills, laser focus on data, and strong understanding of developing and enhancing UX and the customer journey. You’ll lead the development of our customer sales and hit conversion targets. You’ll play a pivotal role working alongside the CEO in taking the company to scale from pre seed to series A. The role spans everything from overseeing development and agency teams and project planning to deadline, to creating a strong community and brand identity for our users to entrust their stories to.
This role is a great opportunity for someone passionate about making change in mental health. We are positive about personal experience and the expertise gained from it, and favour candidates who can attest to these. The product that you will help to build will change thousands of lives through the power of storytelling and empowerment.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated product lead to join Mental Snapp at an exciting and pivotal point in our company development. You will play a key role in delivering an exciting roadmap for innovation and customer development in the next phases of the app development.
As well as working independently on the product, services and associated communications, you will also undertake data analysis, user testing, A/B testing and marketing tests and analysis to grow our user base, retain and excite our users on their mental health discovery journey and optimise conversion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Delivering products from the product roadmap and managing a team of developers to NHS quality standards.
- UX and UI development and customer journey design and enhancement.
- Data analysis to produce actionable product improvements.
- Project management and team working to ensure that targets and deadlines are hit.
- Analysing usage patterns and customer research on the existing app and our users to create an evidence based plan for version 1.3.0
- Optimising conversions on the existing app and translating the learning into an enhanced customer journey for 1.3.0
- Increasing our downloads by 10x by the end of the year, overseeing and analysing the customer funnel including but not limited to marketing, SEO and App Store Optimisation
- An immediate target of making our first B2C sales, leading users through the journey of recording their first 20 entries and onto a paid subscription basis.
- At least two years experience in product ownership or customer development roles.*
- Exceptional organisational, project management and analytical skills
- An understanding of the technical architecture of digital health applications with particular reference to data, IG and GDPR at scale.
- Collaborative team player with persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Target driven and highly flexible, used to a fast paced environment and able to create and communicate strategies for dealing effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Highly motivated by the company mission and committed to delivering the vision.
- Personal experience of actively managing mental health, whether a condition, use of mental health services or self development
- A willingness to share this experience in an appropriate way and be a role model for our users
- Experience working in a start up tech for good environment
* The stated experience is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
In the first instance, this is a three month contract with option to extend pending hitting the targets set to secure our next investment round. At the point of extension, the package will be revised for the right person, to look at salary and the option of an equity stake dependent on performance and experience. The initial three month offer is described below.
Salary and benefits: Guide £1800 p/m. 27 day paid annual leave pro rata. Professional development available through mentorship and workshops. 3% pension contribution.
Location:central London office with some wider UK travel required.
Hours:Full time or part time (flexible working encouraged and we are very happy to work around other commitments).
Closing date: 26thSeptember. We are looking for someone to make an immediate start so we encourage early applications.
If you have any questions, please drop us an email, very happy to talk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com the subject line ‘Product Lead’.